Are you searching for the best guide to making a person’s step by step drawing? If yes, then you have landed on the right article. In this article, you will learn how to draw a person in six easy steps.
Each step includes a picture for better understanding. We have made this stepwise tutorial for beginners & kids. We have utilized different shapes. for making the sketch.
Supplies You Might Need
- Pencil – I uses Artline pencils for my artworks, it comes with different grades.
- Kneadable Eraser – For removing dirty stuff and lightning the value of shading these gummy erasers are very useful.
- Sketchbook – A quality sketchbook.
- Mechanical Pencil – 0.5mm mechanical pencils for drawing fine and precise lines.
- Fixative Spray – For protection of art from smudging.
- Blending Stump – Paper stumps for smooth blending.
- Pencil Color – Its thick cores are perfect for shading and shadows.
- Acrylic Color – This set of acrylic paint has all the necessary colors to paint anything.
Let’s jump into the tutorial for making the sketch
Vertically divide the paper into two equal parts then, draw a circle with a radius of 1.5cm, on the vertical line.
Next, leave space equal to the top circle, below the circle, then draw a horizontal line with a length of 5.2cm & draw two circles on both sides of horizontal lines, then little below draw an inverted trapezium with a height of 1.9cm & the base of trapezium’s 4.7cm & 3.5cm. Next draw a square with a height & width of 3.5cm below the trapezium, then make a triangle in equal angle below the square.
According to the picture, make two circles cutting the sides of the triangle, below it make two cylinders with a height of 4.5cm, then draw two circles & little below it make two cylinders with a height of 4cm, and also make two triangles with a height of 1.6cm below the cylinder.
Replicate the process on the other side of the vertical line too.
In this step, make jaw, cheek & neck’s outline below the first circle. Now make two cylinders with a height of 3.7cm & little lower draw two cylinders with a height of 3.3cm, then make two circles.
Replicate the steps on Both sides of the line.
Now, carefully make the outline of the person’s hair, ears, hands, costumes & shoes over the shapes. Moving ahead add little details to the costumes.
Remove all unneeded lines, then add the person’s face features like – eyes, eyebrows, nose & lips.
In the last step, smoothly shade the person with a 4b or 2b grade pencil. Finally, the person’s drawing is completed.
All steps in single frame
To save this post for later use, pin the images below =]
I hope, you have liked this step by step tutorial on person drawing. Make sure to bookmark this page for future reference.
You can also check this post on “How to Make Still Life Painting“