Are you wondering what to draw in your spare time? but, you have no ideas to fill your blank pages.
If this is the case, this post is going to help you with that. You must go through it to get a list of 21 cool things to draw in your spare time.
Supplies You Might Need
- Pencil – I uses Artline pencils for my artworks, it comes with different grades.
- Kneadable Eraser – For removing dirty stuff and lightning the value of shading these gummy erasers are very useful.
- Sketchbook – A quality sketchbook.
- Mechanical Pencil – 0.5mm mechanical pencils for drawing fine and precise lines.
- Fixative Spray – For protection of art from smudging.
- Blending Stump – Paper stumps for smooth blending.
- Pencil Color – Its thick cores are perfect for shading and shadows.
- Acrylic Color – This set of acrylic paint has all the necessary colors to paint anything.
1. Contour drawing – It is similar to outline drawing in which, the outline of the object placed in front has to be drawn without looking at the paper. This can be the best idea for drawing in your spare time.
2. Draw your bedroom & design your bedsheet & pillow.
3. Draw music sound – If you love any song or music, try drawing the note of the music with your imagination.
4. Letter drawing – Calligraphy is an art of writing which involves the design & styling of letters. If you like calligraphy then, you must try this in your spare time.
5. Make a happy birthday card – If your best friend’s birthday is coming up, you can gift a beautiful handmade birthday card by writing “Happy Birthday Dear”. Draw pretty designs on the card for adorning it.
6. Draw mandala drawing – Mandala always looks unique, Isn’t it? this ancient form of art uses geometric shapes and patterns that represent the cosmos in different heavenly bodies. Make a mandala art with beautiful patterns – it will help you learn drawing patterns and symmetrical figures.
7. Draw anime eyes – Create different types of anime eyes such as semi-realistic, common, stylized (chibi) or angry, bored, happy, sad, surprised/scared and more.
8. Draw a cartoon cat – To make a cartoon cat, begin with a big ellipse for the face then, draw two triangles over the ellipse for ears. Next, draw a “6” shape on both sides of his face – for hand. Then add the little curved line below it. Now draw a “C” shape for the tail. In the final steps draw his cute eyes with two circles & then make a little triangle in the middle of the face & below it draw the mouth. Finally, your little cat is ready!
9. You can write your name in different calligraphic styles using a pen or ink brush.
10. Make a simple 3d illusion – You can draw a simple circle in 3d illusion. In case you don’t know, 3d illusions are created by perspective. Illusions are not something real so these drawings are created in a way to forge the actual view. Making it would be a lot of fun.
11. Trippy drawing – You can represent your feeling or thought through this drawing as per your perception of things. To create something unique this can be a wonderful idea.
12. Draw doodle leaves – There are many benefits of making doodles such as it reduces your stress, it enhances your hand movements, improve your creative skill. You can create doodles with different types of leaves.
13. Quick gesture drawing – Go to the bus stand or railway station & try to make quick sketches of people sitting, walking or doing any activity. You have to complete each sketch in 4-5 minutes. Doing this will improve your figure drawing.
14. You can design Queen’s crown. A crown is represented as an emblematic sign of authority. It should be designed with diamonds, gems, pearls & precious metals.
15. Draw baby panda – Baby panda looks so cute. If you love little panda then, make a pic of it in your sketchbook.
16. Stoner painting – I love the stoner art style it helps me relax. If you want to draw something to chill you can go for stoner paintings. These paintings have a charm of theirs.
17. Draw with crayons – Make your picture using crayons.
18. Fill the blank paper with small and big spiral lines. These drawings are very satisfying.
19. Draw a flower – Take acrylic colour & make flowers using your fingers.
20. Finger drawing – You can draw funny faces, hands etc. in your fingers with a black marker.
21. Draw a puppy – I love to draw puppies, they are very cute.
Let’s check this awesome webstory on “21 cool things to draw in spare time“
If you find these artwork ideas lovely and interesting make sure to comment and share it with your friends.
You can also check this post on “ 17 Things to Draw When Your Mind is Empty “